Holiday contracts made between us are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your booking remains provisional until we have accepted it. This is to help minimise mistakes.
Your booking constitutes your agreement to our Terms and Conditions.
Please take a moment to read them. They are also designed to help you enjoy your holiday with us.
*** ADDITIONAL TEMPORARY TERMS & CONDITIONS DUE TO COVID-19 ***
We are working hard on making sure your stay with us is as safe as possible and have set out below a few additional T&Cs where we are adapting to COVID-19. Our primary focus is to help our guests stay safe whilst being able to enjoy their holiday.
- Check in / Check out times: To allow us more time to clean the cottages we are implementing a temporary change in arrival and departure times. We will be asking all guests to arrive no earlier than 5pm and depart no later than 9am.
- Facilities: We are currently unsure if and to what extent we will be permitted to open our communal facilities. As soon as we receive guidance on this we will let you know.
- Cancelled booking: If travel is restricted or if we are unable to welcome you to Luccombe Farm then we will continue, as we have been doing, to refund all our guests in full.
- COVID-19 symptoms – Prior to arrival: It is essential that if you or any of your party are feeling ill, are showing signs of the virus or live in the same household as someone with the virus, you must not visit. Please inform us if this is the case. Click here to view the symptoms of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 symptoms – During your stay: In the event that symptoms linked to COVID-19 are identified whilst at Luccombe, we ask that you isolate yourself and all members of your party, inform us immediately and prepare to leave as soon as possible. Click here to view the symptoms of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 symptoms – After you depart: In the event symptoms linked to COVID-19 are identified once you have left the cottage, please inform us so we can take the necessary precautions for the safety of existing and future guests. Click here to view the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Hygiene & social distancing: We will be asking all our guests to follow the latest government guidelines relating to hygiene and social distancing.
We agree to let and you agree to rent our cottage(s) for the purpose of short term holidays. No other type of letting agreement, or tenancy, is entered into by either party.
We agree to provide cottages in a clean and tidy manner with all appliances serviceable.
We accept our duty of care to you by trying to provide safe premises, appliances and facilities as far as is possible.
We will make up your beds and provide towels (which are not for swimming pool or beach use please).
We provide starter packs of toiletries, cleaning products, and a welcome tray to help you relax upon arrival.
We will always try to make available such services and facilities that we have advertised.
You agree to use our cottages, appliances and facilities responsibly, and to take all reasonable care for your own health & safety, as well as all those in your party. We respectfully state that we do not accept any liability for accident, injury or loss to you, or to any member of your party, any visitor, for any pet, your property or your vehicles however so caused. We strongly urge you to buy travel & personal accident insurance to cover all such eventualities.
You agree to adhere to our various safety rules and guidelines that you will find in the information folder(s).
You agree to notify us if you damage or break anything or find anything wrong with the cottage(s), appliances and general facilities. This will help us put them right for you and other guests.
We reserve the right to charge you for breakages.
You agree soon after your arrival to read the information folder found in each cottage. We will then welcome you in person and answer any questions you may have.
You agree not to smoke within the cottages. Ashtrays are provided for outside use. Please try to air the cottage through the week, and try not to drop your cigarette stubs around the gardens.
You agree not to move any household items, whatsoever, between cottages as we simply cannot manage to sort them out during the limited changeover time. Doing so might incur the loss of part of your £150 deposit, to help pay for the extra time required to rearrange moved items.
You agree to please try and leave your cottage clean and tidy. Please empty dishwashers and put all bin waste in the large wheelie bins provided. Please put all used towels in the shower/bath. Please leave any clean, unused towels folded on one of the beds. We really do appreciate your help in this area. Excessively dirty cottages will incur the loss of part of your £150 security deposit, to help pay for any extra cleaning required.
Making a booking.
Payment of a non-refundable deposit of £100, together with our confirmation, secures your booking.
Your balance is due thirty days before arrival.
At the time of booking we ask our guests for a security deposit of £150, pre-authorised against your card. This is in case there is any damage to the property during your stay and in return for your cottage and swimming pool keys upon departure. The money is simply reserved and then released afterwards if there is no damage.
If you have to cancel, we will try to re-let the property on your behalf and if successful, refund all monies less your deposit. In exceptional circumstances we may even refund part of your deposit.
If we are unable to re-let, then you do become liable for the whole cost and because of this we strongly urge you to buy cancellation insurance. You may wish to use one of these two specialist companies:
1. Guest First Tel: 0345 90 80 101. http://www.guestfirst.co.uk/introducers?cid=5664
2. Cancellation Plan Tel: 0845 218 7161. www.cancellationplan.com
Arrivals From 1600 hrs.
Unless otherwise agreed, check in is from 4pm. If you beat the traffic and arrive early your cottage might not be quite ready. In which case, please use the w/c facilities etc. in the Games/Laundry Room. Cottages will be unlocked for you, so walk in, settle down and make yourselves at home. After a while we will come around to meet you and answer any questions etc. If arriving after dark, let us know, and we will put on a light for you and meet up the following morning.
Departures 1000 hrs (unless you are departing on a Sunday – in which case this is extended, free of charge, until 1600 hrs).
With tidy cottages, all keys present, and no breakages for a full refund of your deposit. At this point do remember to tell us if something needs attention, however small.
We welcome pets in The Granary, Old Sty, Cakehouse and Stables.
We try to limit pets where possible in The Stalls and Tackroom.
Blossom, Lavender and Turnip are kept strictly pet free for those with allergies.
We make a charge for pets of £7.50/night each (with a maximum of 2 pets per cottage).
Pets must be accompanied by their bedding and never left unattended in the cottages, or allowed to sleep on beds and chairs. You remain responsible for them at all times, clearing any messes from the gardens and surrounding grounds. Other pets may be accepted by arrangement.
Guest Numbers & Bed Configurations.
These will not be exceeded unless by prior agreement. Please email or phone to check suitability. Children not in a travel cot and over 2 yrs. count towards the total.
• The Granary, 2, (King double) or 3 using the ottoman (suitable for a child)
• The Old Sty, 4, (Standard double + Twin beds).
• The Cake House, 4, (King double + Twin beds).
• The Stables, 5 – 7, (King double + Twin Beds + Single= 5. With option for two extra in adult sized bunk beds = 7) It is priced for 5.
• The Stalls, 4, (King double + Twin beds). If interlinked with the Tackroom, sleeps 8.
• The Tackroom, 4, (King double + Twin beds). If interlinked with the Stalls, sleeps 8.
• Blossom Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed). If interlinked with Lavender, sleeps 8.
• Lavender Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed). If interlinked with Blossom, sleeps 8.
• Turnip Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed).
• The Gipsy Caravan, 2 (double futon 6ft x 4ft).
Additional Costs (i.e. for extra people or extra activities.)
• Deluxe airbeds @ £20/adult/night or £16/child/night.
• Z beds @ £12/child/night.
• Bunk beds (Stables only) @ £20/bunk/night (this price is based on staying for 1 week).
• ‘A toddler squeezed in’ @ £7/toddler/night (2+yrs old & not in a Z bed).
• Fully house trained pets @ £7.50/pet/night.
• Additional linen and towels @ £12/set. (Double week bookings include a change if required).
• The communal laundry room will attract small charges if used.
• Mintern Barn is available for hire either for small parties wanting to eat together or large groups/conferences – please contact us for further information and prices.
• The Gypsy Caravan comes with heating and lighting but without other facilities such as w/c. & kitchen. It is parked next to the swimming pool for the w/c. and shower facilities and if it is booked without a cottage then there is a small scullery adjacent to the Games Room where there is a kettle, microwave and oven that can be used.
• Clay pigeon shooting and fishing on our ponds, lake & river can be arranged through us, subject to seasonality and availability.
Additional Items Available Free of Charge (subject to availability).
• Travel cot with mattress and sheet provided. Please bring your own bedding.
• Bed guards
• Toddler toilet seat with separate step
• Stair gates
Horse Riding at the Luccombe Farm Riding Centre (located at the farm entrance) is booked directly, with a small discount for our guests. The minimum age is 4yrs. Closed Fridays and Sundays. Please contact Terri Cook for further information, prices and bookings:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07734 388501 or 01258 628374.
Force Majeure (Things beyond our control) and Our Duty Of Care To You.
As stated earlier, we accept our duty of care to you and to your party. We try to maintain the cottages, various buildings and all the things in them to a high standard for your safety and enjoyment.
Please tell us if something isn’t working, or not quite right, or not to your satisfaction, and we will try to mend or replace it a.s.a.p. We cannot be held liable for any sudden and unexpected break down of equipment, electrical or otherwise, nor for the sudden loss of use of cottages, buildings and facilities which fall beyond the scope of our reasonable level of control. Should a cottage become totally unfit for use, and if the problem cannot be fixed, or an alternative found, a full and final refund/settlement will be offered.
Personal injury or loss of property.
We respectfully state that we do not accept any liability for accident, injury or loss to you, or to any member of your party, any visitor, for any pet, your property or your vehicles however so caused.
We strongly urge you to buy travel & personal accident insurance to cover all such eventualities.
V.A.T. Is included in all our prices.
Our receipts are valid for VAT claims should you be able to make one.
The Finale, at last!
We reserve the right to enter the cottages at all reasonable times to carry out repairs, to attend to emergencies, and to inspect, if considered necessary.
We also reserve the right to impose additional terms and conditions from time to time to facilitate the safe running of our premises on your behalf.
If you have read this far, then you certainly deserve a holiday here at Luccombe Farm.