For more information on what we are doing to make your holiday as safe as possible please click here.
Arrivals & Departures
- Our cottages and all the facilities are open all year round.
- We can sometimes be flexible on arrival and departure dates. If you are unable to select the dates you would like please contact us.
- For all guests departing on a Sunday, you are welcome to stay until 4pm, free of charge, to make the most of your weekend.
- Subject to availability, on other days of the week, there is a late checkout option (6pm departure) for £45/cottage. If this is of interest to you please let us know.
- Returning guests: We offer all returning guests a discount of 5%. If you have stayed with us before, please remind us in the comments section and we will apply the discount to your booking.
- Late availability: We offer a 5% discount off any last-minute bookings made with arrival date within two weeks.
- Multiple week booking: If you are looking to stay for 2 weeks or more please let us know and we will apply a discount.
- Low occupancy discount: If you require a smaller cottage and only larger cottages are available, please let us know and we can offer a low occupancy discount.
Making a Booking
- A payment of a non-refundable deposit of £100, together with our confirmation, secures your booking.
- The balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- Security Deposit: At the time of booking we ask our guests for a security deposit of £150, pre-authorised against your card. This is in case there is any damage to the property during your stay and in return for your cottage and swimming pool keys upon departure. The money is simply reserved a day or two before you arrive and then released afterwards if there is no damage, there is nothing you need to do.
- Free, reliable WiFi in all cottages, the Games Room and Mintern Barn.
- Our facilities (free of charge) include the heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, gym, ping pong, games room, tennis court (with racquets & balls), garden games, fairy & elf door hunt, outside children’s play area, mountain bikes, lakeside BBQ and summer house grotto.
- Our animals, including donkeys, ducks, goats, sheep and chickens, are all situated by the cottages and can be visited at any time by guests. The donkeys love the occasional carrot or apple (there is also a grooming box with brushes available if you would like to make them very happy!)
- We provide bed linen & bath towels, heating all year round, a complimentary welcome tray and a starter pack of toiletries (please bring your own towels for the swimming pool).
- Unlimited parking
- Secure environment (¾ mile from the main road) together with extensive landscaped gardens and grounds.
- Most supermarkets offer deliveries to the farm. Please give them the address/instructions found at the bottom of the Contact Us page.
- Our local farm shop, Steeptonbill, in Milton Abbas stocks a huge range of goods, from fruit and vegetables to meat, cheese, milk and confectionery: www.steeptonbill.co.uk
- Only 20 miles from the stunning World Heritage Jurrasic Coast.
- VAT included
Available extras free of charge (subject to availability)
- Travel cots
- Bed guards
- Stair gates
- Toddler toilet seat with a separate step
- Baby baths
- Deluxe airbeds @ £20/adult/night or £16/child/night.
- Z beds @ £12/child/night.
- Bunk beds (Stables only) @ £20/bunk/night (this price is based on staying for 1 week).
- ‘A toddler squeezed in’ @ £7/toddler/night (2+yrs old & not in a Z bed).
- Additional linen and towels @ £12/single bed and £15/double bed. (Multiple week bookings include a change for free if required).
- The communal laundry room will attract small charges if used.
- Suitable venue for larger parties with Mintern Barn available to hire should you require a large space to be and/or eat together.
- We have a Gypsy Caravan which sleeps 2 in a double futon. It is parked next to the gym for the WC/shower facilities or opposite the Granary when in use with this cottage.
- Well behaved dogs welcome for a charge of £7.50/night/pet (max. 2 per cottage)
- We welcome pets in The Granary, Old Sty, Cake House and Stables.
- We try to limit pets where possible in The Stalls and Tackroom.
- Blossom, Lavender and Turnip are kept strictly pet free for those with allergies.
- The Old Sty is single story and can accept wheelchairs with assistance (large step-in shower, seats available upon request)
- The Cake House, also single story, is suitable for the elderly (bath – steps available, upon request)
- Landscaped grounds with gentle pathways
- Single story Games Room and Leisure Centre with wheelchair access (no hoist available)
- Specialised disabled riding at the Luccombe Riding Centre upon request (prior booking essential)
- High backed arm chair upon request
- Lever taps and other aids in The Old Sty and Cake House
Country activities available on the farm
- Riding: Available at Luccombe Farm Riding Centre (located at the farm entrance). Minimum age is 3yrs and there is a discount for guests.
- Fishing: Dry and wet trout fly fishing is available in Briantspuddle, which is 6 miles south of Luccombe. We have a range of equipment available for hire.
- Clay pigeon shooting: Our sessions include tuition, hire of guns and a box of 25 cartridges per person.
- Beautiful walks: There are extensive on and off farm walks in every direction.
- Mountain bikes available.
- Star gazing platform with superb views.
Onsite Holistic Therapy & Yoga
- Our resident Holistic Therapist and Yoga Teacher, Saira Francis, offers massage and a variety of other treatments, right on your doorstep. Advance booking essential. For more information, visit www.mellulah.co.uk