There is something at Luccombe for all ages, from the very young (we have a selection of baby and toddler toys in the Games Room including a baby chair, jumperoo and ride-on toys) to older children who can enjoy swimming in the indoor heated pool, table tennis, snooker/pool, the tennis court, riding school and we also offer clay pigeon shooting and fly fishing.
For those looking for childcare during their stay we can highly recommend Play & Bloom which is a local business that offers a range of services to families. Play & Bloom is run by a fully qualified early years practitioner called Faye. Faye can provide nannying services or babysitting at your cottage should you want a day or night out.
“We used Faye and she is brilliant. She made full use of all the facilities and kept our son busy for a few mornings while we caught up on work, and would happily recommend her to other guests. Very professional, great with children and lots of fun!” Catherine, London
To check availability or to book contact Faye on email@example.com
Our child friendly activities include:
- The Riding School on the farm which specialises with children (minimum age 4yrs)
- A variety of Animals to visit including our friendly ducks, donkeys, goats, chickens and sheep and even more Animals to meet and help feed, including pigs, alpacas and horses, at The Luccombe Hub.
- Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Outside Children’s Play Area
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Court
- Fishing & Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Mountain Bikes
- Outside Garden Games (including croquet, jenga, giant chess set, swing ball, boules, badmington and a selection of ride-on toys)
- Fairy & Elf Door Hunt
- Pick fruit including apples, pears, plums, cherries and figs from the orchard (seasonal)
- Feed the fish and the ducks
- Beautiful beaches and fossil hunting found on the stunning Jurassic Coast not far away
- The famous Tank Museum in Bovington is only 25 minutes away
- Click here for other ideas and activities near to the farm
Items available (free of charge and subject to availability)
- Travel cots
- Bed guards
- Stair gates
- Toddler toilet seat with separate step
- Baby baths
If you are looking for things to do with your children nearby then we recommend visiting the website ‘day out with the kids‘.