Holiday contracts made between us are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your booking remains provisional until we have accepted it. This is to help minimise mistakes.
Your booking constitutes your agreement to our Terms and Conditions.
Please take a moment to read them. They are also designed to help you enjoy your holiday with us.
We agree to let and you agree to rent our cottage(s) for the purpose of short term holidays. No other type of letting agreement, or tenancy, is entered into by either party.
We agree to provide cottages in a clean and tidy manner with all appliances serviceable.
We accept our duty of care to you by trying to provide safe premises, appliances and facilities as far as is possible.
We will make up your beds, provide towels (which are not for swimming pool or beach use please). We also provide starter packs of toiletries, cleaning products, and a welcome tray to help you relax upon arrival.
We will always try to make available such services and facilities that we have advertised.
You agree to use our cottages, appliances and facilities responsibly, and to take all reasonable care for your own health & safety, as well as all those in your party.
You agree to adhere to our various safety rules and guidelines that you will find in the information folder(s).
You agree to notify us if you damage or break anything or find anything wrong with the cottage(s), appliances and general facilities. This will help us put them right for you and other guests.
We reserve the right to charge you for breakages.
You agree soon after your arrival, to read the information folder found in each cottage and sign the indemnification form. We will then contact you in person, answer any questions and collect the form.
You agree not to smoke within the cottages. Ashtrays are provided for outside use. Please try to air the cottage through the week, and try not to drop your cigarette stubs around the gardens.
You agree not to move any household items, whatsoever, between cottages as we simply cannot manage to sort them out during the limited changeover time. Doing so might incur the loss of all or part of your £50 deposit, to help pay for the extra time required to rearrange moved items.
You agree to leave your cottage as you found it. Please strip the beds, and clean the fridges, cookers, kitchens etc. as much as possible and as you would at home. Excessively dirty cottages will incur the loss of all or part of your £50 deposit, to help pay for any extra cleaning required.
Making a booking.
Payment of a non-refundable deposit of £100, together with our confirmation, secures your booking.
Your balance is due thirty days before arrival.
We ask our guests for a security deposit of £50, pre-authorised against your credit card. This is in case there is any damage to the property during your stay and in return for your cottage and swimming pool keys upon departure. The money is simply reserved and then released afterwards if there is no damage.
If you have to cancel, we will try to re-let the property on your behalf and if successful, refund all monies less your deposit. In exceptional circumstances we may even refund part of your deposit.
If we are unable to re-let, then you do become liable for the whole cost and because of this we strongly urge you to buy cancellation insurance. You may wish to use one of these two specialist companies:
1. Guest First Tel: 0345 90 80 101. http://www.guestfirst.co.uk/introducers?cid=5664
2. Cancellation Plan Tel: 0845 218 7161. www.cancellationplan.com
Arrivals From 1600 hrs.
Unless otherwise agreed, check in is from 4pm. If you beat the traffic and arrive early your cottage might not be quite ready. In which case, please use the w/c facilities etc. in the Games/Laundry Room. Cottages will be unlocked for you, so walk in, settle down and make yourselves at home. After a while we will come around to meet you and answer any questions etc. If arriving after dark, let us know, and we will put on a light for you and meet up the following morning.
Departures 1000 hrs.
With tidy cottages, all keys present, and no breakages for a full refund of your deposit. At this point do remember to tell us if something needs attention, however small.
We welcome dogs in The Granary, Old Sty, Cakehouse and Stables.
We try to limit dogs where possible in The Stalls and Tackroom.
Blossom, Lavender and Turnip are kept strictly pet free for those with allergies.
We make a small charge for pets of £5/night each (with a maximum of 2 pets per cottage). Pets must be accompanied by their bedding and never left unattended in the cottages, or allowed to sleep on beds and chairs. You remain responsible for them at all times, clearing any messes from the gardens and surrounding grounds. Other pets may be accepted by arrangement.
Guest Numbers & Bed Configurations.
These will not be exceeded unless by prior agreement. Please email or phone to check suitability. Children not in a travel cot and over 2 yrs. count towards the total.
• The Granary, 2, (King double).
• The Old Sty, 4, (Standard double + Twin beds).
• The Cake House, 4, (King double + Twin beds).
• The Stables, 5 – 7, (King double + Twin Beds + Single= 5. With option for two extra in adult sized bunk beds = 7) It is priced for 5.
• The Stalls, 4, (King double + Twin beds). If interlinked with the Tackroom, sleeps 8.
• The Tackroom, 4, (King double + Twin beds). If interlinked with the Stalls, sleeps 8.
• Blossom Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed). If interlinked with Lavender, sleeps 8.
• Lavender Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed). If interlinked with Blossom, sleeps 8.
• Turnip Cottage, 4, (King double + Sofa bed).
• The Gipsy Caravan can sleep 2 adults or 3 children.
Additional Costs (i.e. for extra people or extra activities.)
• Deluxe airbeds @ £20/adult/night or £16/child/night.
• Z beds @ £12/child/night.
• Bunk beds (Stables only) @ £20/bunk/night (this price is based on staying for 1 week).
• ‘A toddler squeezed in’ @ £7/toddler/night (2+yrs old & not in a Z bed).
• Cots & high chairs @ £1/infant/night. (Please bring babies linen. We only keep a small emergency supply).
• Fully house trained pets @ £5/pet/night.
• Additional linen and towels @ £12/set. (Double week bookings include a change if required).
• The communal laundry room will attract small charges if used.
• Games Room hire for large groups wanting to use it as a function room or for drinks/dinner parties @ £35/day for basic hire (we empty the room) and £50/day for tables, chairs, additional cutlery etc. (When this happens we move all the games equipment to the gym so it can still be used by guests.)
• The Gypsy Caravan is normally only available as an annexe to another cottage unless otherwise agreed. It comes with heating and lighting but without other facilities such as w/c. & kitchen. It is parked next to the swimming pool for the w/c. and shower facilities and if it is booked without a cottage then there is a small scullery adjacent to the Games Room where there is a kettle, microwave and oven that can be used. The price is £50/night or £200/week (reduced to £150/week if booked with a cottage).
• Clay pigeon shooting, mountain bike hire and fishing on our ponds, lake & river can be arranged through us, subject to seasonality and availability.
Horse Riding at the Luccombe Farm Riding Centre (located at the farm entrance) is booked directly, with a small discount for our guests. The minimum age is 3yrs. Please contact Terri Cook for further information, prices and bookings:
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07734 388501 or 01258 628374.
Force Majeure (Things beyond our control) and Our Duty Of Care To You.
As stated earlier, we accept our duty of care to you and to your party. We try to maintain the cottages, various buildings and all the things in them to a high standard for your safety and enjoyment.
Please tell us if something isn’t working, or not quite right, or not to your satisfaction, and we will try to mend or replace it a.s.a.p. We cannot be held liable for any sudden and unexpected break down of equipment, electrical or otherwise, nor for the sudden loss of use of cottages, buildings and facilities which fall beyond the scope of our reasonable level of control. Should a cottage become totally unfit for use, and if the problem cannot be fixed, or an alternative found, a full and final refund/settlement will be offered.
Personal injury or loss of property.
We respectfully state that we do not accept any liability for accident, injury or loss to you, or to any member of your party, any visitor, for any pet, your property or your vehicles however so caused.
We strongly urge you to buy travel & personal accident insurance to cover all such eventualities.
V.A.T. Is included in all our prices.
Our receipts are valid for VAT claims should you be able to make one.
The Finale, at last!
We reserve the right to enter the cottages at all reasonable times to carry out repairs, to attend to emergencies, and to inspect, if considered necessary.
We also reserve the right to impose additional terms and conditions from time to time to facilitate the safe running of our premises on your behalf.
If you have read this far, then you certainly deserve a holiday here at Luccombe Farm.